Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Life

Today there was an impromptu wedding at the restaurant I work. The wedding was scheduled for April, but the mother of the bride to be was diagnosed with a life threatening illness and so the couple held a small ceremony with friends and family so the mother can partake in the ceremony before she passed.

I have never met the couple or their family and friends, but witnessing their ceremony and congratulating them on their joyous occasion allowed me to join in their special moment. It was a special celebration where a mother was able to see her daughter walk the aisle and a couple take vows to love and care for each other forever.

I've worked and attended many weddings before, but this was the first time I felt truly blessed to be witness to a marriage. I realized the beauty of family and friends gathering to honor a euphoric union of two people.

Sometimes through our busy days we forget what's truly important in our lives. I think it's good to sometimes stop and appreciate everything we have around us; family, friends and that one true love.

Cody

2 comments: